Articles and videos about Memrec
Kindt Clinics in the media
Seen on television
On February 28, 2019, current affairs program EenVandaag broadcast an item about Kindt Clinics and the Memrec method.
In the broadcast we watch the treatment of Gwen, a 32-year-old woman from Amsterdam with a spider phobia.
The future is fantastic (VPRO)
In 2020, the VPRO made a series about visionary scientists and thinkers of today, and interviewed Merel Kindt for this.
They also filmed Sophie's treatment at Kindt Clinics, who overcame her fear of pricks (injections) with the Memrec method in one go.
The Perfect Man (VPRO)
Science program The Perfect Human was about the theory and ethics of scientific developments.
In one episode, a section was devoted to the Memrec method for people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Merel Kindt and Kindt Clinics in the written media
Merel Kindt's research and treatments at Kindt Clinics regularly receive press attention. Below are several articles (English and Dutch) that have appeared in recent years.
Documentary A Cure For Fear
Lana Wilson, documentary maker for National Geographic, among others, made a documentary about the Memrec method. She filmed various treatments and spoke extensively with Merel Kindt. Thanks to producer Topic the documentary can be watched online for free. The documentary consists of 4 parts of XNUMX minutes each.
Read the interviews with the people covered in the documentary >>
Note: the documentary contains images of butterflies, mice, spiders and needles.
Kindt Clinics at the Nature of Things (CBC)
The Canadian documentary program The Nature of Things (CBC) was in Amsterdam last year to interview Merel Kindt and to film a number of treatments. In this episode you can see fragments of Eva's fear of heights treatment and Mirjam's chicken phobia treatment.
Below is a selection of scientific publications about the Memrec method (memory reconsolidation) and the work of Prof. Dr. Merel Kindt and colleagues:
- Kindt, M. & Soeter, M. (2018). Pharmacologically induced amnesia for learned fear is time and sleep dependent. Nature Communications, 9,1316
- Kindt, M. (2017). The surprising subtleties of changing fear memory: a challenge for translational science. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 373: 20170033.
- Soeter, M., & Kindt, M. (2015). An abrupt transformation of phobic behavior following a post-retrieval amnesic agent. Biological Psychiatry, 78, 880-886.
- Sevenster, D., Beckers, T. & Kindt, M. (2013). Prediction error governs pharmacologically induced amnesia for learned fear. Science, 339, 830-833.
- Soeter, M., & Kindt, M. (2012). Stimulation of the noradrenergic system during memory formation impairs extinction learning but not the disruption of reconsolidation. Neuropsychopharmacology, 37, 1204-1215
- Kindt, M., Soeter, M., & Vervliet, B. (2009). Beyond extinction: Erasing human fear responses and preventing the return of fear. Nature Neuroscience, 12, 256-258.
News from Kindt Clinics
Read experiences of clients and employees of Kindt Clinics on our blog
Kindt Clinics is corona-proof Kindt Clinics has taken a number of measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, in accordance with the guidelines of the RIVM. Main points Treatments go through Intake interviews as much as possible via Skype Do not come if you have a fever or a cold
Bart Treated for his anxiety disorder at Kindt Clinics Bart has been struggling with an anxiety disorder since childhood. In this blog he shares his experiences before, during and after his treatment at Kindt Clinics. My Experience Treating my anxiety at Kindt Clinics is one
Darcey Treated at Kindt Clinics for her injection phobia Darcey came to Amsterdam from Canada to treat her fear of stinging. This report has been translated from English. My Experience My fear of needles started when I was a kid, and by the time