Costs of the treatment
A complete treatment trajectory according to the Memrec method takes about 6 hours, but the exact duration varies per person. If treating you on an external location rather than in our clinic, for example, this takes some extra time. This is why we work with an hourly rate instead of a fixed price. Our tariff is €99,75 per hour. There are no additional costs.
After the intake we can make a precise estimate of the duration of your treatment. So you will quickly know what to expect.
To get an impression of the duration of the different parts of the Memrec treatment please consider the following averages:
- Intake: 1 to 2 hours, depending on the complexity of your situation
- Preparation (by the therapist): 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on your specific fear
- Treatment: 1 to 2 hours
- Resting time after treatment: 2 to 3 hours
- Test: 1 to 2 hours
A complete Memrec trajectory to treat fear often takes around 6 hours (€ 598,50), unless there are special circumstances, such as treatment and/or test at a different location or additional indications that ask for a more extensive intake.
Costs for intake only
The intake is essential. You get to know the therapist (Merel Kindt) and our approach, and we get to know you. We find it important for the therapist to be able to freely decide whether or not your situation fits the Memrec Method, based on the intake. We only treat you for your fear if we trust that this will help you. Therefore it happens every once in a while that the therapist discourages someone to get the Memrec treatment, because he/she will not (or not sufficiently) benefit from it. In this case, you do not need to pay for the intake.
In summary, after a personal intake at our clinic there are three possibilities:
- You are not qualified for the treatment: when the therapist thinks that the chances that the treatment will be successful are too small or you cannot get the treatment for medical reasons, you do not need to pay for the intake.
- You proceed with the treatment: in that case you first get the price indication for the full trajectory.
- You decide not to proceed with the treatment: when you are qualified for the treatment based on the intake, but you decide against it, you will only pay for the intake.
After the treatment you get a personal invoice.
Kindt Clinics is founded by Dr. Merel Kindt, Professor at the University of Amsterdam. In cooperation with other scientists, she developed a new treatment method that quickly and effectively treats phobias and PTSD.
For 8 out of 10 people, the fear disappears after one treatment session.