EenVandaag (news program)
On February 28, 2019, current affairs program EenVandaag broadcast an item about Kindt Clinics and the Memrec method.
In the broadcast we see the treatment of Gwen, a 32-year-old woman from Amsterdam with a spider phobia.
The future is fantastic (VPRO)
In 2020, the VPRO made a series about visionary scientists and thinkers of today, and interviewed Merel Kindt for this.
They also filmed Sophie's treatment at Kindt Clinics, who overcame her fear of needles.
The Perfect Human (VPRO)
Science program The Perfect Human focused on the theory and ethics of scientific developments.
Part of an episode was about the effect of the Memrec method on people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Merel Kindt and Kindt Clinics in the written media
Merel Kindt's research and the treatments at Kindt Clinics regularly receive press attention. Below are several articles (English and Dutch) that have appeared in recent years.
Documentary A Cure For Fear
Lana Wilson, documentary maker for National Geographic, among others, made a documentary about the Memrec method. She filmed various treatments and spoke extensively with Merel Kindt. Thanks to producer Topic the documentary can be watched online for free. The documentary consists of 4 parts of XNUMX minutes each.
Read the interviews with the people that participated in the documentary >>
Note: the documentary contains images of butterflies, mice, spiders and needles.
Kindt Clinics in the Nature of Things (CBC)
The Canadian documentary program The Nature of Things (CBC) was in Amsterdam last year to interview Merel Kindt and to film a number of treatments. In this episode you can see clips of Eva's fear of heights treatment and Mirjam's chicken phobia treatment.
Below is a selection of scientific publications about the Memrec method (memory reconsolidation) and the work of Prof. Dr. Merel Kindt and colleagues:
- Kindt, M. & Soeter, M. (2018). Pharmacologically induced amnesia for learned fear is time and sleep dependent. Nature Communications, 9,1316
- Kindt, M. (2017). The surprising subtleties of changing fear memory: a challenge for translational science. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 373: 20170033.
- Soeter, M., & Kindt, M. (2015). An abrupt transformation of phobic behavior following a post-retrieval amnesic agent. Biological Psychiatry, 78, 880-886.
- Sevenster, D., Beckers, T. & Kindt, M. (2013). Prediction error governs pharmacologically induced amnesia for learned fear. Science, 339, 830-833.
- Soeter, M., & Kindt, M. (2012). Stimulation of the noradrenergic system during memory formation impairs extinction learning but not the disruption of reconsolidation. Neuropsychopharmacology, 37, 1204-1215
- Kindt, M., Soeter, M., & Vervliet, B. (2009). Beyond extinction: Erasing human fear responses and preventing the return of fear. Nature Neuroscience, 12, 256-258.